Thursday, November 17, 2011

Urban Sketching : Tagaytay and THouse


Last weekend Aissa and I stayed at the T-House boutique hotel in Tagaytay. The T-house has a special place in our hearts because it was the first place we ever spent a weekend together, and it was also the place that I proposed to her.  It's still a terrific hotel, though it's showing it's age.  The above is one of the little reading areas they've set up around the hotel for you to just sit down and relax in their beautiful gardens.  I was actually rained out and had to finish this sketch indoors.



This sketch was taken while in the Picnic Grove in Tagaytay.  It's not the most conducive place for sketching, what with the hordes of local tourists and hawkers selling you treats, ut we did manage to find a spot where I could sketch and Aissa could read.

These are really rough sketches, and I'm launching into this not really knowing a lot about watercolors and just basically going on instinct.  At the very least I know I'm going to need a much bigger brush to lay down the basic colors, since my #2 brush is just way too small, even for these tiny sketches.  We're going to be at a beach resort next week for 3 days, so I'm looking to purchase or borrow some watercolor books so I can study them while I'm there.

No comments:

Post a Comment