Friday, May 18, 2012

Sneak Attack WIP


Sometimes it's more frustrating when an artwork is almost good, rather than flat out bad.  That's how I'm feeling about the second piece in my series that I'm creating as sample card art for L5R, "Sneak Attack".  This is where I'm at so far.  I'm having a lot of trouble with the colors, and balancing the light and dark.  I suppose it serves me right for having focused on just character art for the past few months.  It's made me really rusty with composition.  I'm gonna put this up on the regular art forums to see if I can still salvage this.


On a slightly related note, I made some changes to the previous remake I did, "Introspection."  I made some changes to the lighting and color, blurred out the background some to really bring out the Buddha in the middle.  Got some great advice from the people at wipnation as well as a local art workshop I went to called creationlive!, and I think it really helped improve the piece.


No comments:

Post a Comment