Friday, December 28, 2012

Urban Sketching : Buskers and Kota Kinabalu


Aissa and I went to Kota Kinabalu on the first week for December to celebrate our anniversary.  To be frank, KK isn't the most stimulating place for sketching.  I found Penang much more appealing, especially the Georgetown area.  This sketch of the back of a shophouse is reminiscent of Georgetown, which I suppose is what drew me to it.



KK does have a beautiful marine park though, which is essentially a beach that houses marine life.  It's the closest I've ever been to coral reefs and ocean wildlife, and is worth the trip on its own.  I didn't manage to go out and sketch the fishes, but I did catch this Korean tourist buried in the sand and left by his friends.



Last but not least, A more recent sketch of a local busker, Joon Baltazar, singing his heart out in Bonifacio High Street.  I don't often go up to the people I sketch but when I get the sense that they might appreciate geting a copy of teh sketch I do offer them a copy via email.  Joon's a pretty cool dude, and he was singing to the rock soundtrack of my youth so I felt pretty comfortable chatting him up.

No comments:

Post a Comment