Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Prison Architect Pop Culture Reference Maps

My last blog post about my favorite prison Architect Maps got a bit of attention, so I dug into the Steam Workshop again this evening to pick out some interesting maps.  The sheer creativity of our players is still amazing to me, and this time I decided to pick out the maps that had some sort of pop culture reference to them, starting with...

The USS Enterprise Prison Map


I love that this map comes with a background story:

In the year 2344 while protecting a Klingon outpost the U.S.S Enterprise C (NCC-1701-C) was attacked by four Romulan Warbirds. It was assumed the ship and all crew perished in the battle. The once thought destroyed USS Enterprise Recently Reappeared though a temporal rift. Due to the current conflicts the severely damaged Enterprise was decommissioned and sent to an outer laying planet to be used as a penal colony. 

The Shawshank Redemption Map


It's gotten a little hokier upon multiple revisits, but the Shawshank Redemption was one of my favorite movies when I first saw it.  Now I'm wondering if I can sneak Morgan Freeman's "Red" into the game somehow.

Fox River (Prison Break)


Steam user stubby looks like he's making a habit of recreating pop culture prisons, seeing as he was also the man who put together the Shawshank Redemption Prison above.  I never got into Prison Break, but I'd love to hear what fans of the show think of this prison.

Kestrel (FTL)


FTL is a game I've never played (for lack of time, not interest) but even I instantly recognized the Kestrel prison since it's so prominent in FTL's PR stuff.  Seeing this just makes me want to play FTL all the more.

You can check out my original list of my favorite Prison Architect maps here, which include a Panopticon and someone who mistakenly thought PA was Sim City.

No comments:

Post a Comment